Friday, July 8, 2011

End of the Fireworks selling Season!


Well, the Fireworks season is over for us.  Mr. Sweetheart and I did pretty well as far as selling our butts off!  Literally I think because we both lost several pounds over the 10 days.  Even my Dad who helped a ton lost weight.  Seriously its one of the best parts of the job!

It got to where I actually woke up a few times in the night because I thought I was supposed to ring up a sale but in truth Im actually really going to miss it.  No, not the long hours, the achy body, or some the stress, but getting to meet new people, see them happy to buy fireworks and enjoy a job I love will be missed.  Am I a freak that Im kinda looking forward to selling Christmas trees?



Here is a video of my daughter Libby.  She was getting very creative with Torpedo Tubes - They are like poppers (those white things that pop on the ground when you throw them).  The tube pop alittle easier and louder in my opinion.  The neighbor kids and my kids all love them.

I do want to thank Fat City Fireworks, Rick, Crystal, and Laura for giving Otis and I the opportunity to work with them, Miss Megan and Todd for being the best workers EVER! and my kids who didnt burn the house down or completely trash the place while I worked long hours!  I know we are all a bit frazzeled but seriously it is the funnest job I have ever had.  I wish I could fit more Fireworks Holidays in during the year!

Now I need to go lay down and sleep for a few days, oh and cuddle with my husband!

1 comment:

Lisa@southern-days said...

That's so cool that y'all have a firework stand in the summer and also sell Christmas trees! We've had a serious drought going on here in the south, so sadly, all firework stands were closed due to the burn ban. Thanks for your visit to my blog and sweet comment!

Lisa