Saturday, November 14, 2009

Kids craft time - fall acorns!

My neice and nephew have been over for the day playing while my sis and her hubby are on vacation.  They were all playing very nicely while I worked on odds and ends projects and painted.  Then they hit a wall.  That point where they all start drifting in......"Im Hungry"....."Im bored" 

At that point I knew it was time to stop painting and time to do a craft.  I had seen these earlier today on Family Fun and though they looked cute easy and yummy so I sent my hubby on an errand run to the store for supplies.  I love crafts you can do with only a few things and hubby can get them at our local grocery store.  He is so sweet for running and grabbing the stuff for me.


This is what they looked like in the magazine.

I set all the kids down and they got to work.



They all laughed and chatted and had a lot of fun.  It was a hit.  Please dont think bad of me but they thought was the funniest joke was that my oldest son thought that if he totaly covered his with chocolate and nuts....well they would resemble deer poo.  They all about died with that one.


This is my kids plates when they were done.  Every was very happy with the results and ate a couple as well.  They then ran over to grandmas to go to the movies so the house is all quiet now so......



Back to painting!!!

No comments: