Friday, August 19, 2011

First day of High school

Yesterday I registered 3 teenagers for high school.  I realized how much the whole thing has changed since registering for elementary school. 

The week before watching the kids get so excited to go check the school doors for a class list.  Seeing who is in their class and who their teacher is going to be. 

Then tackling the job of finding the perfect backpack and supplies.  Having everything all ready, labeled and sitting by the front door till the big morning.

Its so not the same now.

Trust me.

Google first day of school crafts and see what comes up....

first day of school cookies!  So Cute!
an adorable ruler wreath!
even the back to school get together for moms once the kids get on the bus!
Now google first day of high school crafts.....

"crickets chipping"

Did you get anything?

Nope?  I didnt think so.

So see!  Back to school for me has changed.  Not one of my kids wants a cute note telling them how much I love them stuffed inside their backpack.  (not without an Oh good grief you are such a DORK MOM! )

Nor do they want a cutsy first day of school breakfast.  (at 6:30 Im lucky if they will be awake enough to eat some cereal and drink an instant breakfast).  And, after all the kids are off for their first day, the only get together I will be invited to is one with the clutter the 3 kids have accumulated over the summer!

Fun!

Just not the same....  I did however get to write a large check.  Does that count for anything?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Fun cookies!

Posh said...

Stopping by from the Friday Hops to say hello.
Have a great day!
http://poshonabudget.com/2011/08/friday-friend-connect-4.html

Sondra said...

It is true .... everything you said. I want to be a dork mom and send a note, or do something fun to send my senior off to school. But, you just get an eye ball roll. I miss those cute elementary kids I used to have.

That huge check is a killer ... :-(