Monday, August 15, 2011

Painting gnomes -cause they told me to!


I dont know how many of you out there have seen Gnomeo & Juliet, but it came into our house a while ago and we have seen it a couple times over the summer.  I will tell you now if you dont already know this.  It will change your life FOREVER.  You didnt know that?  Oh yes, you will never be able to look at gnomes the same way!

So, about a week ago my 91 year old Grandma asked me if I could spruce up her gnomes in the backyard.  Of course I said yes.  I then went out and collected them.  (she only gave me 3 at first - Im thinking its some sort of test :p  ) 

I didnt get to them right away because it has been busy around here but after a stressfull week I decided to hide out in my craft area and get to work.  And that is when I realized I was forever changes by an animated movie!  I no longer have the ability to just paint a gnome without imagining that it is coming to life when I am out of the room - yeah - Im crazy.  I even found myself excusing myself politely and promising to hurry back at one point when I left to go to the bathroom --- see!  Goin crazy!  At its worst I stayed up till after 1 am painting the two gnomes because I really felt they would be unhappy in their unfinished state.

I am somewhat done with 2 of them so I thought I would post a before and after.  That and I was starting to feel like I hadnt posted anything crafty in ages!

So here is the before....

they really were very sunbleached.  poor things.

And here is the after....



Much brighter!  My mother says they even look happier! 

Im still working on the third one - he is turning out much trickier than the first two.  Even still he is calling me from my craft area as I type!  Oh the Gnome guilt!  I just cant resist. 


Oh and did I mention that at my sisters I noticed some small gnomes in her garden.  All bleached out and worn looking.   They are calling to me too!  Will probably snag them tomorrow to give them a facelift.


Maybe Im the gnome whisperer?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Too cute, I don't have a garden to put them in though...

Curtis said...

Now you just need to make them in buffalo sabres colors lol