Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The agony of a tiny laundry room

Recently, while looking through my list of favorite decorating blogs, I came across several women who have transformed their laundry rooms into a haven. A place that looks so serine and heavenly that you cant help but think that there isnt anyone that would object to the awful neverending task of Laundry. Thrifty Decor Chick has the most wonderful laundry room. I was so inspired. So excited to transform my laundry room so that I would get that same level of harmony with the world. Until I went into my own laundry room....

I decided to take a picture so you can fully take in my problem. New problem is I couldnt fit into the laundry room to actually take the picture of the laundry room. I then had to stand outside the room to take another pitcure to show the rest of the room.

See my problem? There isnt enough room for even a cute basket for laundry much less several baskets to sort. Heck, there is barely enough room to open the washer doors!

I even had to limit the size of my dog to a chihuahua so that I could fit her into the small room! Just Kidding! But I would really be in serious trouble if I did have a great dane or a lab.

I also have no real counter space to add that totally cute accent lamp and tray. My only counter space is taken up with a sink. I did manage to install a wrought iron hook that holds my extra hangers. There was no way I could get that in the photo.

I have no idea why anyone would build a home with 5 bedrooms and 2 and a half baths and then install a laundry room tinier than the space under my stairs. I have no comment about the person who bought the house :P Ill admit there are other features of this house that I LOVE........But the laundry room, well Im throwing in the towel.

Oh and BTW.... This is Thrifty Decor Chick's laundry room - Don't ya just love it! I have to admit I copied the picture just so I could look at it whenever I want and drool. Is it too much if it's my screensaver?

No comments: