Monday, October 12, 2009

My pumpkin project

After seeing the painted pumpkin project at 320 Sycamore. I was dying to try and do them myself. I picked up several plastic pumpkins at the dollar store (it may be my new favorite place)
I then painted them with one coat of tarnished silver paint and then dry brushed a bronze over the top. I was very pleased with the result.
I then tucked them around the house. Little pumpkins here and there.
This is the one in the kitchen by the TV.
I loved the idea so much I grabbed an ugly clear glass pumpkin out of storage and used the same painting techniques. It looks alot more bronze than the picture. It came out great and I added it to my shelves. My daughter then came home and added the mouse.

1 comment:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Love a pumpkin - and you can keep them up through Thanksgiving!