Saturday, October 23, 2010

Eyeball Globe light

A few weeks ago I spotted a project from Easy Peasy Grandma for eye ball lights.  I totally loved the idea of it but didn't think it was doable because I didn't have the materials.  That is until I went to the local goodwill and found a round light just the right size for my own eyeball!


All it took was the light I bought for a DOLLAR! and some acrylic paint I had around the house.  Paint the eyeball and them paint red lines to make it look a bit scary. Then put an electric tea light inside to make it light up!  Easy and very cool!  My kids loved it up on the shelf with our Halloween decor. 

4 comments:

Emy said...

Nice!

P.S.
I'm following from Relax & Surf Sunday. Hope you can stop by my blog soon.
http://alwaysaroundboys.blogspot.com

Baye said...

This is a cool idea AND something even I should be able to do. One question--how did you get that crackle look with the white paint?

Unknown said...

The crackle finish is the way the light came - the glass is a foggy crackle look.

Alison @ Welcome Sunshine Home said...

Eeewww What a great halloween decoration!

Thanks for visiting me. Now I'm following you. I'm doing my first giveaway (CSN $35) stop over and enter if you get a chance.
Enjoy the week! :)
Alison
http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/