Friday, September 17, 2010

Easy Cheesy Mini Tutorial

I had a problem.  Well, not really a big problem but one of those problems that drive you crazy until you do something about them.  So, I did.  I felt so much better about it that I has Sweetheart come in and check it out.  He even agreed that for me, problem was solved.  For him however, it had never been a problem in the first place - go figure! lol.

My problem was that lately Sweetheart has been hanging towels on the stove to dry his hands.  Ok, but we do have a bathroom right around the corner with some lovely hand soap and a hand towel all ready to go.  Oh no he has to wash his hands at the sink and then he needs a "drying towel" at the ready for him. 

The problem is that the towel never really stays where it is supposed to.  I usually come in and find it unfolded hanging on the bar, laying on the counter, or waded up and on the floor.  Then it has to go into the wash because it has touched the floor and can no longer be used as a hand drying towel.  Sorry but ich!

So, I did this....
TADAA!

I know, your really impressed!  Actually your probably wondering what the heck I actually did.  I'll show you......

Yes its the same towel just a really bad photo.

What I did tho was grab a pony tail from my daughters bathroom and put it around the towel.  And there ya have i, the towel is not going to move.  The thing is it isn't very pretty either.  So I ran and got a flower from my work room and glue gunned a clip to the back.  (I was in a hurry so the glue is totally messy but I don't care- I may peel it off later and use the flower for something else)


Then I just clipped the flower to the front of the pony tail.  I don't have a photo - it was super simple. 

There ya have it!  Now I don't have to worry about picking that towel up every again until I wash it at the end of the day!

2 comments:

TheCraftInMe said...

Wow, that is so easy and it really looks great! Thanks for the idea!

Ruthie J. said...

What a neat idea! Following from Friday Followers. Would love a follow back.

Ruthie Joyce
www.mysocalledhomeschoollife.blogspot.com