Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ghost Town

After spending the last couple days walking by and staring at my little village with a glimmer of an idea- I decided to do something about it!  I bought these little houses at the dollar store.  They sit up on my window in the kitchen.  (actually I kinda move them around).  I noticed that the backs were just blank!  oh yeah baby - totally ok for me to do something with!  I will then just turn them around when I want my cute little village back.

So I did.  I would have done a tutorial but LITERALLY all I did was turn them around and paint them with black, grey and yellow.  And not even very neatly I might add because I wanted them to look rough - they are haunted after all! 


I am thinking tho that they need a ghost or two on the sides or a tiny tombstone.   lol  oh I'm having too much fun!
Now I need to go find a cute idea for a Halloween plate!

** Reminder - I have a Scentsy Buddy Giveaway starting on Sept 30!  Be sure to drop by and check it out!

16 comments:

Creepy Glowbugg said...

I have the perfect shoppe for you!
Ghosts, bats, all kinds of goodies, even special orders!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/glowreahhh
http://creepyglowbugg.blogspot.com

Marci said...

Just stopping by from Wandering Wednesday and following you.

www.thewhitewhimsies.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Following from Thursday Friends Blog Hop...would love to have you follow back!
http://funfritzfamily.blogspot.com/

malia said...

what a great idea! i'm your newest follower and would LOVE for you to link this project up to a crafty soiree linky party
www.yesterdayontuesday.com

scrappin girl said...

Im a new follower...these houses are adorable.
http://www.gweninlove.blogspot.com/

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

What a great idea for Halloween.

I just found your blog through a Thursday Blog Hop! Have a great night.

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

Unknown said...

I am following from the blog hop. I hope you can follow back and check out my latest giveaways at http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com/2010/09/friday-blog-hops_30.html.
God Bless,
Shelley

Becky B. said...

Very clever! Way to get more "bang for your buck" by painting the backside of the houses with a haunted house theme!

Eat To Live said...

You have such cute ideas.

I am a new follower from Boost your blog Friday. I would appreciate it if you could stop over and check me out, possibly follow me back.

I am giving a Halloween Apron away to one of my followers 10/5.

Colie's Kitchen said...

Hi this is Nicole from ColiesKitchen.com. I just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I l love following your blog! Happy Follow Friday!! Have a super weekend!! www.colieskitchen.com

. said...

What a great idea!

Victoria at Party Puff said...

I love that you used the backs!

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

Super fun idea! Thanks SO much for joining in on Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions. I love to see the creative talent of other fellow bloggers. Hope you to see you again soon :)
~Lori S.
Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

Megan Gunyan said...

How much fun is this?!? Your Halloween is way spookier than mine! Love it! Thanks for linking up!!

Katie said...

What a great idea, so nice to have double the decorations but not have to store twice the amount of stuff. Great that you can have them out year round. Love the haunted village! Thanks for sharing with us at A Crafty Soiree! Please join us next time too!

Scented Leaf said...

Nice decorations you had done for Halloween. I like these houses and also alloween eyeball lights. Thanks for following one of my blogs. Now I'm your new follower.