Friday, September 24, 2010

My Laundry Room

I think I have a love / hate relationship with my laundry room.  After seeing so many here decorate beautiful laundry rooms a while back, I decided enough is enough.  I went in to try to make the room a prettier place to work in.  It wasnt easy, and not even close to so many of the wonderful laundry rooms I have seen- but it was better.  My laundry room has one glaring problem that prevents me from doing much - space.  I have none.  It was and still is my biggest downfall in my house when I bought it.  hmmmm 5 bedrooms and a laundry room the size of a pea pod.  What were they thinking??

My biggest positive however is my washer/ dryers.  I have 2 of each.  They were a gift from my parents and I cant tell you enough how much I love them.  Seriously - I LOVE THEM.  It cuts my laundry down to half the time.  In my opinion - everyone should have 2 of each!  It just rocks.  Even with the machines taking up their space there isnt even any room to sort or pile ANY laundry.  I do hate that.

Anyhow, here is a photo of my laundry room.
Dont blink you might miss it.  Oh, and that is Sarah my resident Diva who I swear ran into the room when she realized I had a camera!


Here is one side of the room.
And here is the other!

So there ya have it!  I dont get it, but it is what it is!  I wrote this post because I'm going to link this to the laundry room link up in ALL it's embarrissing glory.  Oh well, its mine :)

** edited to add- I think it is soooooo funny that after I posted this, I had an advertisement at the bottom for a website linking you to local contractors who specialize in adding on rooms! ****

3 comments:

Baye said...

I see your dilemma. Your laundry room may be crowded, but I am willing to bet that most of us would give up the space to be able to get the laundry finished in half the time. We've got three and a half (don't ask--too hard to explain) teen/twenty-somethings living here right now. Laundry seems like a never-ending chore!

Anonymous said...

Recently discovered your blog and love the creative ideas. BUT, what first prompts me to write is your laundry room post! lol

What kind of washer/dryers do you have? I don't have the HE kind yet and want a pair I can stack like this! I heard some aren't stackable.

Thanks!
Misty

Unknown said...

My washers/ dryers are whirlpool Duet. I have had them for a long time - maybe 6 or 7 years.